A Call to Dr. Santa Claus.

A couple of things said to me regarding young children have been coming to mind lately.

First, I remember Anna's nephrologist telling me that children's vocabulary usually increases dramatically when they are about 18 - 24 months old. Well, I cannot recall how much the girls' vocabulary increased at this time last year, but what I can tell you is that the stuff that comes out of their mouths these days is amazing and hysterical (to me anyway). Unfortunately, because Sarah and I many times have three talking at the same time, we don't have the luxury of hearing everything. But, when I listen, I cannot help but shake my head and think "where do they come up with this stuff"?

The video clip below is a good example. There has been a lot of talk in our house about Santa (for obvious reasons) and the dentist (they are beginning to brush their teeth). Well, in the beginning this video Anna is talking to Santa about the effect on teeth if you don't brush them - apparently Santa is a dentist. Em also chimes in about cavities and Allie feels the need to tell me where she is going to sleep.

The second thing said to me many years ago by my brother in law (regarding his two young girls) was "they are a lot of work but they bring a great deal of joy". Amen.