List It

This morning as I often do I spent a few minutes writing a list of things that need to get done.  I write lists for many things and whenever a day or entire weekend is going to be very busy, as is this one, I list what I need to do. 
It does make a big difference in keeping me organized and on track.  Although I’m afraid the available time slots for this weekend have shrunk down to infinitesimally tiny moments and I maybe overextending just a little. 
I’ve got a shopping list, a things to do list, I should really do list and a can’t avoid list just for this weekend.  My lists have sub lists.  It would be funny if it wasn’t so ridiculous.  
My youngest is having her birthday party this weekend and the only thing I can say that is actually done is having invited all the kids.  We also haven’t found a single birthday gift for her actual birthday as well as gotten anything done for our annual July 1st party which is approaching rather quicker than expected.    
Oh well my penchant for lists has helped me out many more times than not.  It’s helped me to decide what updates I really want to do next, reminds me of projects I not quite finished and keeps me from having to return to a store for a single item.  My lists do make things go more smoothly.  
I’m kind of stuck on one item on one of my lists today.  Choose new shingles, as it turns out there are an awful lot of shades of grey and brown.  Both my husband and I have spent much more time than we expected staring at the “vizualizer service” which is supposed to make choosing easier. 
It hasn’t really helped that much and we need to let the roofing company know our final decision this morning in order to get the project started on time.  It needs to start on time for a variety of reasons and so we really need a final decision.
Fingers crossed no other list items get me stuck today.