Salt of The Earth

I have a bit of an issue with craving salt, as in sometimes I don’t just want something salty to eat but would willingly lick a plate full of salt clean. I do however also realize that giving into that craving would be a bad idea and that no one should actually attempt licking clean a plate of salt. 
I don’t cook or bake with much salt and we eat very little processed foods so I’m not at all worried that I consume too much salt.  I just believe that everything is better in moderation and although I don’t mind indulging I’d rather not get this particular craving quite so often as it often leads to over-indulgence.  
I do often find that a glass of water negates the craving or at least take the edge of it and it happens more often in summer so I think it may have something to do with not having had enough to drink.  If I ever start craving salt I always use it as a reminder to have a drink.
 Every once in awhile though it’s not simply a salt craving but a salty and sweet craving that won’t be sated until I give in.  A peanut cone from Sergeant Sundae or a peanut buster parfait from DQ, chocolate covered pretzels or a bag of M&M’s dumped into a fresh bowl of salted popcorn.
I’m getting hungry here.  I suppose we all have our special weaknesses with food and I know I’m not alone in this particular one.    Well it could certainly be worse, it could be pregnancy cravings. Those ones were fun and interesting to say the least.
The most interesting one I found was a strong craving for pickles, clichéd I know yet it was strange for me as I absolutely hate pickles.  One day I even decided that since I was craving them so badly that perhaps my tastes had changed and I might now like them.   As it turned out I still hated them cravings or not.  That craving remained with me until my daughter was born even though I still couldn’t stand the taste of them, funny enough she really does love pickles.
Well right now I’m craving another cup of coffee and that’s one I’m willing to just go with.