Life of Cat

The dog keeps pacing and the click of his toenails on the tile is driving me nuts. What an idiot, every sound he’s up and running to the window. If he is so excited for the people to come home you would think he’d at least know which sounds actually mean they’re back.
Meanwhile I’ve got this wonderfully warm sunbeam to enjoy and he keeps almost stepping on my head.  Maybe he needs a little reminder I’m here. Claws meet tail. Nope that didn’t help now the idiot is chasing his tail….ugh…..only a dog is stupid enough not to realize his tail is attached to his own ass.
 Oww, ok that’s it I’m leaving, warm sunbeam or not I’m not getting trampled by this big buffoon.  Ahh the beds made, the curtains open and it’s just as sunny in here.  There’s a really comfy spot right in the middle, just perfect for a little cat like me.  Time for a cat nap.
Oh come on now dog, I don’t want to wait with you.  He’s got his nose on the edge of the bed staring at me, he hates to be alone and all I want is a few moments of peace and quiet.  Well I’m not moving and he’s not allowed up here, too bad dog.
What is that noise, of great now he’s crying.  Sigh fine dog lets go back to the carpet just stay boy you hear nothing.   Well he’s not very graceful but at least he’s lying down. Ugh big baby, ok here we go a bit of sun right between his paws that’s my spot.
Hmmm actually he’s pretty soft, and warmer than even the sunbeam.  I could sleep here as long as he doesn’t start drooling on my head. That’s a good boy finally think he’s going to sleep which means I can.  Every time they leave for 5 minutes he thinks they aren’t coming back, as is they would abandon us. Doesn’t he realize it’s their job to take care of us, although I think I’m the more deserving and definitely cuter.   

Without fail when our whole family is away we come home to find the cat and dog sleeping together. They rarely ever do it when we are home and I can imagine it results from a chain of thought (if cats think) somewhat similar to this.  It’s always amusing to watch them scramble up and away from each other as if we’ve just caught them in a compromising position, they can’t let us know how much they actually like one another.