Week's Done

Well that picture isn’t Winnipeg, nope it’s Chicago taken at some point this week by my husband who is there for the week.  Despite keeping in touch through messaging, facebook and the like I’m still missing him like crazy although my schedule doesn’t allow for much time to dwell upon it.
This single parenting thing is hard, particularly while we get through the insanity which we seem to face each year as June comes to an end.  This week has been a wee bit crazy with any day not filled with soccer filled with a million errands and things to get done.  
I’m trying to organize and shop for my little one’s birthday party next weekend and our annual July 1st BBQ. The hail we received last weekend means we need a new roof and I’ve had to deal with insurance and roofing companies coming and going.  I’ve also been selling a few items online and have been trying to take care of a few household repairs.  
For the most part everything has gone smoothly with the exception of my oldest getting lost on the way to soccer for her first game this week, and her ride to the far off second game this week starting off with a literal bang as they blew a tire along the way.   
That she got lost surprised me as she has played on this particular field countless times and it isn’t that far from our house.  It worked out and she got there in the end but as a coach having to abandon my youngest and her team to go rescue my oldest made for a harrowing 20 minutes.
All in all it’s been a bit nutty around here. The girls have been great helping me with yard work and remembering their chores but I will be quite happy as will they to see my husband home come Monday.
This weekend although I’ve managed to get most of my things to do done I still have a number of things to take care off.  Saturday and Sunday are already planned out and so tonight I’m doing a girls night.  We’re going to take tonight off from activities shopping and chores to make homemade pizza and cookies, do our nails, watch a movie and just chill out.