More snow?

I hadn't seen anything the last couple of days indicating snow for our area. But, in a conversation yesterday with a co-worker, she said "...more snow tonight..." and I thought to myself - whach you talkin' 'bout Willis!? Then, we woke up to dry pavement this morning. So, I thought my co-worker/novice forecaster had, as expected, been smoking crack when she indicated snow in the forecast to me.

About a half-hour ago, I checked the forecast on-line:

Flakes have begun to fall from a storm churning up the coast that is expected to bring wind gusts of 45 miles per hour and dump up to a half foot of snow by this evening.
Forecasters predict that the storm will intensify during the evening commute, with snow falling at a rate of 1/2 to 3/4 inches an hour late this afternoon.
"It could get pretty messy," said Bill Simpson, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Taunton. "You don't need 10 inches to wreak havoc."
The highest accumulations are expected on the tip of Cape Cod and on the South Shore, where up to 6.7 inches of snow is predicted.
Totals in Boston are expected to range from 4 to 5 inches by tomorrow morning. Wind gusts in the city could reach 35 miles per hour, Simpson said.


Ok, so my co-workers do not smoke crack - maybe I've been the one in never-never land the past few days.

Anyway, it's always an interesting commute home during a storm. We shall see what today's commute home brings...