Christmas Shopping

Thanks to friends of ours with whom we visited the Winnipeg art gallery this weekend I now have a new fun little place to find gifts and unique little items.  It’s a teeny little store tucked into the corner of a building on Academy Rd.  by the name of Michael Rodent’s Bed, Bath and Kitchen.
It also solved a dilemma I’ve been having.  For Christmas I’ve been struggling with trying to find items with Snoopy on them.  Since our last visit to Minneapolis and Planet Snoopy in Valleyfair A has become absolutely obsessed with the little beagle.
She has 4 snoopy shirts and wears each one every single week. She draws Snoopy and Woodstock over and over again.  We’ve recorded each of the Peanut specials that have aired since the summer and her most prized book is now The Great Pumpkin.   About a month ago I found a plush snoopy carrying Woodstock for her and it has become her constant companion.
Her Christmas letter to Santa includes the following line; I want a Snoopy book and a Snoopy toy and a Snoopy and Woodstock toy and a Snoopy and Woodstock baby for Christmas.
On the bottom she has even included a drawing of Snoopy and Woodstock I suppose in case Santa isn’t sure who they are. So long story short I’ve been after Snoopy stuff and haven’t had much luck. Any items I have found are very specifically Christmas items and I wanted to get her things which she can use year round.  
I had a couple of shopping hours on Saturday night and so found myself on a mission.  At the one store I’ve seen Snoopy items I asked a clerk to dig out the non Christmas Snoopy stuff from the back of the store which she happily obliged for me and the first item was procured.
Now back to this store I was speaking off at the beginning. This store is full of novelty and character items including Snoopy.  They have an amazing selection crammed into such a small space and not only did I purchase some Snoopy items for A but several other unique gifts. 
Thanks to the last few items I picked up here I solved the problems of a few hard to shop for people and am now 90% done my own Christmas shopping.  The only things left to pick up are very small simple items that are easy to find. So I may be slightly behind my normal Christmas schedule but I must concede I’m not doing to bad.