Early Christmas

Christmas came a little early for me and my family this weekend with our Christmas dinner and get together on Sunday. It was something I was a little nervous about, not making dinner no, I’d have to say I’ve gotten pretty good at making a full turkey dinner, but at transporting said dinner.
See this year we have had the unfortunate circumstance of my Mom breaking her ankle in the most severe fashion imaginable so that several weeks later she remains in hospital.  My Dad who my Mom cares for is now at a care centre which also happens to be where my brother lives.
So with Christmas fast approaching we needed to find a solution and bringing everything together at the centre my Dad and brother are at just made sense.  Using the family room no problem, getting my Mom there again no problem, getting a full turkey dinner there…..little bit problematic.
 I had no issue making the dinner and a vague idea of how I would transport it all but I admit to a few moments of trepidation and worry.  I’m happy to say it worked out absolutely beautifully.  Everyone enjoyed themselves and we even managed to make it a wonderful setting.
In addition to the food I also brought a centre piece, candles, tablecloth and the like so that the table looked like any other we have had for Christmas dinner festive and inviting.  We brought our small garage radio which meant classic Christmas music playing throughout.  Most importantly though we had each other all around one table.  
We laughed, we talked, we enjoyed the time spent together and we ate, boy did we eat. Full turkey dinner with all the trimmings cake and ice cream, wine and chocolate, mmm yum. I used our cooler and an array of foil containers to transport everything hot and it worked well everything was still steaming when served and although our gravy boat (a thermos) may have been unconventional it certainly worked well.  
If you really examined the scene there may have been faults a few small things missing but for me and I think for the rest of my family it was a perfect Christmas regardless of the location or date.