Birthday Wishes

Is it crass to wish myself a happy birthday? Well if so call me Mrs. Crass. because I’m doing it; happy birthday to me. 
Well that’s done with moving on…
That really is about the extent of what I’ll be doing for my own special little day, perhaps later on I’ll toast the day with a glass of wine but really other than that I’m good. 
It’s not that I don’t think about or appreciate my birthday it just really doesn’t seem all that different than any other day. I will get up, work all day, make dinner and maybe take care of some holiday shopping or chores before heading back off to bed.  It’s a regular busy holiday season night.  
Perhaps being so near to Christmas is why I’ve never really considered my birthday of much importance it’s always felt like a slight extension of the holiday season.  After all my typical birthday card is quite often simply a footnote to a Christmas card.
We do try to get together with my family somewhere around my birthday but for me the most important part of getting together during this week is to wish my mom a happy birthday as hers is the day before mine.  What can I say I’m all about the giving rather than the receiving.  
I’m also betting she feels much the same way about which of our two birthdays is the important one.  
For me today is just the day the odometer hit all nines and rolled back over to zero.  The thing is that it didn’t just happen in this one day it took the whole year to reach that roll over. 
What I’m trying to say is that despite the numbers changing today I don’t feel as if I’m suddenly a year older than I was yesterday. Each day that's been building up with every day of the year is to be celebrated and so if anything it will be that I think of today.  
That another year has been filled up with life and with living, I look forward to filling up a new one.