Leftovers

I found something growing in my fridge yesterday, I swear it was so far gone it was probably sentient. Seriously though that thing was so fuzzy you could almost mistake it for a tribble/hamster depending on your preferred reference. It’s alive!

Yech, I’ll happily kiss that container goodbye.  Well no I won’t kiss it wave fondly perhaps for its years of sealed service.  Sometimes a container no matter name brand or knock off just needs to be tossed with what’s in it and this was one of those times. My last good one of that size unfortunately.

I’m usually pretty good at keeping the fridge clean but it has slipped a little the past few months and this container was hidden away behind some rarely used condiments and must have escaped my quick cleans.  Isn’t that always the story though? Really was only just this once.

Well at least I found it when I did, I think it wasn’t too far away from bursting the lid off on its own, that is one mess I wouldn’t want to touch with a ten foot pole.

Now I can almost be thankful for the copious amounts of pink cream soda my darling daughter managed to cover the fridge in as it’s what prompted a good clean. She had put, on the top shelf none the less, a 2 litre bottle of cream soda on its side with the lid on not quite tight enough.

Not a single shelf was spared a smear or two of bright pink stickiness, it managed to travel all the way from one side to the other, all the way down and under the crispers, in the crispers, in the door and on a good portion of the containers and items in the fridge. 

The funny thing is how little it actually must have been to make that big a mess, it was still about ¾ full and with one glass already have been poured it shouldn’t have been that bad. You would never have guessed the mess was from a slow leak and not a full bottle placed in the fridge with a lit stick of dynamite in it…..if a fuse could be lit while wet….never mind you get the point I’m sure.

Well its done and sparkly clean again, hopefully I won't let it get that bad again I'd rather not find some leftovers in there that starts talking back.