Playing Tricks

I read a comment the other day somewhere, can’t recall where, that involved a doll that had struck someone as really creepy.  My brother-in-law once had a Darth Vader doll that creped him and my husband out.
What made it creepy was the fact that it seemed to change position independently.  If it was placed face down and you came back later on it would be face up.  The head would somehow always be turned to face the room’s doorway, or so my brother-in-law claimed.  I never actually saw this phenomenon happen although I did happen to be the cause a few times.
By the time I heard about this doll my brother in law had taken to purposely leaving it face down. I admit after hearing about it and admittedly being a skeptic I got into the habit of flipping it back over whenever I passed it and then never admitting I had done it.  In fact I still haven’t although my cover is certainly blown after my hubby reads this post.    
I can’t help but think my sister-in-law was most likely doing the same thing even though we never admitted it to each other out loud. I won’t deny a few raised eyebrows and smirks were exchanged.  We thought it was quite amusing to watch the guys get more freaked out and convinced the doll was possessed or something along those lines.
One of the last times I flipped Darth Vader over was while helping them move.  I never got the chance again as the doll was quite purposely left behind.   This time the boys were convinced no one could possibly have gotten to it and flipped it without having been seen heading downstairs to where it had been left.
I meanwhile had a nice little giggle at their expense and never admitted to it. It isn’t that I don’t believe unexplainable things can happen or deny the possibility of ghosts or spirits.  I think I’m fairly open minded and don’t deny the possibility of pretty much anything but I am a bit skeptical and I don’t think if ghosts are real they can harm us.
I would love to get my hands back on that Darth Vader doll or a replica; I wouldn’t mind having a bit more fun.