Can't We All Just Grow Up

I’ve been struggling recently with a few people who simply are not doing either what they said they would do or forgetting to do some basic things which then have an effect me.  I’m not going to spout off on what these things specifically are as really in the wider spectrum of things none are really that big a deal.
They are small things which separate are a simple nuisance but put enough of them together and they have a cumulative effect.  Enough of these little things get forgotten or go wrong and I start getting stressed enough that I feel like pulling out my hair. And I don’t just mean the odd stray grey.  
It gets frustrating when a bigger and bigger chunk of my day gets eaten up doing something that I shouldn’t have to do or worrying about something I needed someone to do for me that they can’t seem to get done and I can’t do myself.
These are little things that would only take a few moments of time and very little effort.  I understand that sometimes things are forgotten but when it is time after time after countless reminders that it becomes more than mere forgetfulness.  It becomes laziness and uncaring.
These things make me want to take the offending person give them a shake and remind them that they are adults who need to grow up and realize that their actions affect other people.  If you say you will do something or know you need something do it when you say you will or by the time it’s needed not weeks later or sometimes not at all.  
I’m not perfect and I’m fully aware that I do forget things occasionally and that I do have moments of laziness.   The difference is that I make a marked effort to not forget something that is going to affect another person’s day and if I do I’m genuinely apologetic.   
That’s all I want a moment of thought and just a little bit of effort.  It seems that for more and more people it has become an unrealistic expectation that an adult should act like one and really there is something very wrong with that.