Time Warp

No I’m not talking Rocky Horror, although I could discuss the subject in great length, I’m talking about the time warp that comes before a holiday.  Those few days/weeks whatever while you anticipate a vacation and time begins to play tricks. It moves at a snail’s pace one moment and the next it feels like time is skipping ahead days at a time.
While I’ve felt this kind of time slip a few times before never has it been so pronounced as with our next vacation.  From the moment our oldest was born Disney became the ideal place to go, the most anticipated something we would HAVE to do.  
Disney World is of course quite far from Winnipeg and while it may be the most magical place on earth it is also one of the most expensive.  So it got put off again and again until finally we realized that time was slipping by and the only way it would happen is if we made it happen.
The girls are now 13 and 8 respectively and it feels like they are just the right age to go now.  The more I think about it the better I feel that we waited until now to make it happen.  At 13 our oldest is not so far gone up the parent’s are un-cool path to harbor any negativity about family vacations and our youngest isn’t so young that she won’t remember the trip.
I went to Disneyland when I was 5 and besides a few snippets which may not be memories at all but often heard stories I remember almost nothing.  I would rather they both remember this trip because we may never get a chance to go again.  Mind you it felt like we would never get this first chance to go yet here I am in the ever shortening time until we leave.
I’m enjoying the anticipation to be honest, and in some ways I don’t want to get there because then it will mean we’re that much closer to it being over.  Where though has the time flown?  How can each minute seem so agonizingly long, my mind packed with thoughts and plans but the days themselves disappearing so quickly.
It is a time warp, a magical place where anticipation and enthusiasm create a strange state of mind.  It’s all in my head and as a favorite book once said “why should that make it any less real?”