Ready, Set, Go

Countdown to Orlando continues to shrink and each day we creep closer I lose a little more focus on everything else going on around me.  The list of things to do before we go is also shrinking every day and we are almost completely ready and what isn’t ready is laid out step by step and simply can’t be done until we reach the day before or day of travel.
There has been a lot of planning that has gone into this trip, not only from the perspective of paying for it but in figuring out the where, what, when and how’s.  As I’ve made my way along, figuring out each question I’ve realized just how many there have been to answer.
I’ve talked about the time warp that seems to be carrying me along for hours and just as suddenly grinds to a halt.  That feeling of being disembodied in time has continued but I’m adjusting to it.  Lots of time left to do whatever remains on any of my various lists while at the same time realizing it will be here before I know it.  
This trip is going to be full of a lot of new experiences particularly for the girls.  The only thing about all these new adventures that worries me is the flight.  I’m fine flying and I’m sure my oldest will be but my husband suffers a profound fear of flying which stems from a fear of heights, the same fear of heights our youngest has.  She’s expressed an interest in going on a plane but we will have to wait and see.
Despite the anticipation I’m actually quite relaxed about the whole thing now. I think it’s because I’ve reached a point where every last contingency I can think of has been planned for as well as can possibly be and I’m ready to just experience whatever may come.
I’ve made sure insurance and the other matters concerning safety have been covered and so nothing else really matters.  I don’t care if I forget a few items or if my daily itineraries go to hell (although I do hope they don’t)I’m ready for a week spent under hot sunny skies.  I’m ready, I’m set, now is it time to go?