Suddenly Looking Good

Now I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I am not the most fashionable woman in the world.  I don’t enjoy shopping, I don’t “get” fashion trends and I don’t buy large amounts of clothing.  I like to keep things simple without a lot of fuss but that is also partly out of necessity.
I work with children and so not only is it a bad idea to dress up for work it just isn’t practical.  What this means is jeans, t-shirts, sweaters and the like is my day to day wardrobe. Nine times out of ten my hair is in a ponytail to keep it out of the way and I’m often covered in a combination of baby drool, craft paint and sparkles.  
How I look is the farthest thing from my mind and I’m ok with that from 9-5.  It’s when my work day is done however that I start to want to have a little bit more something to my look. Even heading out to run a few errands, grab a fast meal out or just out taking a walk I want something that looks more put together and at least clean.  
So rather than waste a lot of time changing out of my regular workday wardrobe or even trying to keep those things clean I’ve learnt how to switch out or add just a few items to dress up my practical outfits with ease.  
What I now do is I search for those few items that can take any outfit and make it look great.  They aren’t necessarily high fashion items, I really don’t have the time or inclination to follow fashion trends, but they are classic pieces of good quality that will work for years to come.
It’s amazing what changing from a practical down jacket and sturdy winter boots into a classic wool jacket and a soft cashmere scarf with heeled leather boots can do for an outfit.  It’s just these simple little changes that make me feel like a whole new woman and this is where sexy jumped out at me.
For some time my go to boots have been a pair of knee high leather boots with a slight heel.  In fact I’ve been wearing these boots since I was 15 or 16. Not the same pair no but almost the exact same style and although I still love these boots they no longer made me feel like quite so put together when I put them on.
So after searching every shoe store in the south and west ends of the city I finally found the right pair and not only do I feel put together wearing these boots but like a whole new woman.  It kind of jumped out at me and I think I may be seeing the brighter side of fashion here. 
I’ve realized that if you love what you’re wearing you’ll love how you look. If you love how you look it can give you confidence and make you feel good about yourself.  I really can't think of any better way to feel good than feeling confident and you have to admit it also feels pretty darn sexy.