A Change of Light

It may be colder today than many of the days we have had this winter up until this point but there has also been a subtle shift to the daylight.  A warmth and a brightness that wasn’t there just a few short weeks ago seems to have developed.
The upcoming change of seasons is slowly becoming apparent, the light has changed and so spring can’t be far behind.   
I’ve often considered or been asked what is my favorite season and although there is something about each season that I love and enjoy I can’t honestly say I have a favorite.  They are each special and no matter which one I or anyone else might prefer the seasons will continue to change regardless of our preferences.
So why not just enjoy what each season has to offer and not worry about the end of a favorite season or how long it is until the next time it comes around.  I’ve often said I couldn’t live in a place that doesn’t have a change of seasons and I think I’ve come to realize why. 
 While I may not have a favorite season it is the transition between each one that is my favorite time(s) of the year.   I love watching as one season fades into one another.  It is for each and every season the transition between them that so enthralls me.  No matter which season is fading and which is next to come it is a both a new beginning and a hopeful and expectant time.
Each winter I look forward to the coming spring watching as the flowers and trees bloom into life, the rainy earthy scented days spent jumping in puddles.  The end of spring I look forward to the hot and barefoot sunny days of summer and days spent at the beach. As summer fades I eagerly await the marvelous colors of nature flaring to life and the cool evenings perfect for a bonfire. In late fall I look forward to the snow and ice so that I can skate and sled and play.
See I can’t pick a favorite season they all, each and every one, have something about them that makes them special and unique.  The change of light that comes with each season is a gentle reminder to enjoy the best points of the current season before the fun of the next one begins.