Insomniac Ramblings

No coffee, no time and no sleep not the best way to start a week.
I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night unable to fall back to sleep.  It’s not every night but enough nights to leave me in a constant state of tiredness, not exhausted but low on energy.
 It would seem I’ve got monsters under the bed.
These monsters are all the little thoughts that I ignore (or attempt to ignore) throughout the days as I find myself aware of more and more things that I just don’t get, have given up on getting and realize that perhaps  sometimes you’re just not supposed to get it.
 It’s funny looking back on the days of childhood remembering how I would think about how nice it would be to grow up and just get things.  How someday I would just know everything you’d ever need to know.
Well I grew up and yes I “get” a great deal more things than I did as a child but I’ve learnt two important points. Sometimes “getting it” doesn’t make it any easier and secondly I got a lot more things to “get”.
I think we all grow up and at some point realize that the grass really is no greener on the other side.  It even has a few rather distinct spots of brown here and there and eventually you realize that no matter how carefully you tread it’s inevitable that sooner or later you’ll step in one.   
I just try to look at it as spreading the fertilizer around.  If you step in a brown patch just keep walking along because spread all out, in the end it will all come out a little bit greener.