Of Love and Leap Year

This is the results taken from Sonia Medeiros February writing challenge: of love and leap year. It involved choosing 5 words from a list and including them in a 250 word count challenge. My 5 words are: underwater, idiosyncratic, escaped, disorderly and quip
Why a letter from a bride to her groom on her wedding day seemed to fit this challenge I'm not sure however it did. Of love I suppose.  I'm always suprised to find how these particular challenges seem to prompt me towards such interesting forms of writing.
I was even more surprised however to find that the idea of an underwater wedding is apparently not all that novel and so without further ado the results of this challenge.

To my groom,
A wedding performed underwater could anything else be so unexpected or downright weird?  Well I think we both have some idiosyncratic tendencies so I can’t help think this suits us perfectly. 
I love that we’ve escaped the everyday norm.  It has been admittedly a little disorderly trying to figure this out but I’m so glad we did.
It can only be kismet that we both travelled here to Thailand 4 years ago to get away from the pressure around us to find someone to be with. 
I was all set to just enjoy what life had to give never mind love.  Instead that first trip with our tour group I found you.  I’m so glad we were the only singles so that we were inevitably paired up. 
I thought it would be awkward diving and exploring the ocean with a stranger but once we were introduced and off to explore something began to change.
Perhaps it was the beauty of the ocean all around us or the gentle touches required to show one another things we had spotted, but slowly everything began to fade away and before long all I saw was you.
It may not have been love at first sight but by the time we surfaced I loved you and you me.  I never imagined your little quip “come back here next February 29th and marry me” would be something we would actually do 4 years later. 
With all my love and affection,
Your Bride