Chores

Well either I need to take another 3 day weekend or I need to cut down my to-do list. I’ve got a couple of projects on the go right now and I really need to start winterizing and cleaning up the yard before the cold weather hits.  
I should actually be hoping to finish the yard work this weekend rather than just start it but I’m not even going to pretend that there is the remotest possibility that I will actually do so.
It’s really my own fault, I promised to take the kids to see the new baby tigers at the zoo this weekend, we also have a game day planned for Sunday and I’ve simply put it off a little to long. I can’t help myself though, I plan fun things to do and then I can’t in good conscience let my to-do lists and things that should get done take precedence. Family, friends and fun will always be more important.   
I have to face hard facts however and if I don’t at least get a start on it this weekend I’m running the risk of having to takedown the trampoline with frozen fingers and numb toes, prying the lawn furniture off of a frozen deck and having the gazebo collapse under the weight of the first snowfall.   Never mind the state my garden and planters will be in come spring.
I know that I can’t really count on the snow staying away any longer, at least not with any degree of certainty. It usually doesn’t snow here until after Halloween but usually doesn’t seem to mean anything to mother-nature in Winnipeg. After all, this city isn’t nicknamed Winterpeg for nothing. 
This year I simply couldn’t resist allowing myself to fall into what hopefully doesn’t prove to be a false sense of security thanks to the great fall weather.  It’s great that we were all still wearing shorts last week and that it has been a gorgeous fall but that doesn’t mean it won’t turn cold and snowy very quickly.
It’s not that I even expect the first snowfall to stick around very long, it never does, but it also never really warms up again afterwards. Certainly not enough that outdoor chores can be done with the slightest degree of comfort in mind anyways.  
I promise myself that I WILL at some point this weekend find the time to knock a few things off my list, really I have to even if I don't want to. Lest I find myself caught with my proverbial pants down and frostbite on my ass.