Prompted Challenge

Prompt- And that's how I got my head stuck in a pumpkin

Many years ago the idea of a pumpkin carved to resemble numerous depictions of the headless horseman came to light.
The idea was that it would make quite the novel “mask” if done just right. After finding a pumpkin of just the right size it turned out that pumpkins which are big enough to fit over your head are much too heavy to actually carry on your head.
The idea though never quite went away.  The idea of thinning down the pumpkins insides with a good carving knife or a sharp edged spoon seemed to be a good one.  Sure it would take awhile and a lot of patience but I figured I would give it a try sooner or later.
Well years after that first brilliant light bulb went off I decided to give it a try this Halloween and I actually did it. It is still fairly heavy after thinning out the skin as well as I could but I still figured I could at least give it a try and put it on to see if it was manageable,  and that’s how I got my head stuck in a pumpkin.
It’s still so heavy that when I put it on it slipped down over my ears quite easily unfortunately it’s not going up quite as well. It seems to be quite soundly stuck, no matter which way I turn it I can’t quite get the angle right or something.   
 I really wish that I had at least carved the face before trying it on as now it’s not only stuck on my head but it is also pitch black and  I can’t see a thing. Who would have thought the inside of a pumpkin would be so dark? It’s honestly not the best of smells either.
Not quite sure what the next step here should be I don’t really relish the idea of putting a sharp carving knife near my neck.  I don’t think scissors will work either as the skin is still rather thick to cut through with scissors.  That would also require finding scissors which may be problematic while not being able to see.
I’m seriously considering attempting to smash it against something but I’m afraid that it would end badly even if it works. A hammer might just go right through and I’d hit myself.  Trying to hit it against a wall or the counter might work but again I run the risk of braining myself. It’s a little hard to judge distance and speed without visual reference.
Of course I could just wait for someone else to get home but how do you explain the thought process that led to this without sounding like an idiot. I don’t know if I really want to wait that long either.
Well I think I‘m just going to try hitting it against the counter until it splits. Hopefully it works than I can just bag it all up and pretend it never happened.  Next time I'm just going to carry the pumpkin head around.

The funny part of this is that the idea of a headless horseman really did occur to my husband and I many years ago when we were still dating and the problem of weight came up and we decided not to try it.  Exploring it here in theory has convinced me that was probably the right choice.