A Hat Trick

Something which has long been an annoyance is the mess of hats hanging from the back of our closet door.   I often wear hats in the summer, my husband almost always has a hat on and so together we have quite a few.  They have annoyed me for two reasons, one that many hooks over the doors edge prevent it from closing properly and whenever I get something out of our closet I knock down 2, 3 or more hats. 
Every single time.
After dealing with the ever growing collection the addition of two new Jets hats made me begin a search for the perfect hat rack. It continued on and on, I checked all the usual suspects, nothing. I searched online thinking eventually I’d find one I like, but no.  Well to be fair I found one but the shipping was unbelievable. You’d think I requested shipping to the moon not Canada!
So I did what I always do when I want something in a very specific design which proves too hard to find, I made it.  It was a very simple project, it’s simply a u-shaped length of chair rail with hooks all the way up its length.  It took me about an hour to make, including waiting for the paint to dry and now I have a hat rack just the way I like it.
The fedoras don’t fit on the hooks but with only a few hats on the back of the closet door it now closes and best of all I don’t knock them off anymore.  This little project cost me less than 20 dollars and I now have a hat rack that matches the rest of our décor and looks just the way I wanted it too.