Let it Be

The week certainly went fast with a day off in the middle of the week.  Even though we had a number of errands to do it was also a very rare day. The rarity is that the majority of the day was my husband and I just the two of us no kids, and no rush.
It seems our days particularly in recent months with a few added responsibilities that we haven’t had much time to enjoy just being together. It has seemed those few moments we have had just the two of us have been spent to tired or cranky to enjoy it.
Yesterday was a very pleasant day though, we went for lunch, did some furniture shopping which we have needed to do but haven’t been able to get too, we even had a short afternoon nap and capped the day off attending the Jets game.
I think part of what made it an easier day as it potentially could have become a high stress day with a few of the things that needed to get done on our list but I’ve stopped worrying.  Or I’m trying to stop worrying particularly about things, people or situations that are beyond my control.
I’ve been frustrated and angry much of the time lately, tired and not sleeping well, worried and anxious. It’s time I started to let go off the things beyond my control regardless of what the results might be.  I can only do my best and if sometimes my best just isn’t good enough I have to accept that and move on.
It’s time to stop dwelling on what isn’t getting done and focus on what is.  So as of yesterday I’m turning over a new leaf, no more getting caught in the cycle of rush and stress, as John Lennon said let it be.