Night and Day

My morning brain is uncooperative, slow to be inspired, lacks creativity and seems to have issues with the basics of stringing words together to form sentences.   I get a lot done in that first hour or so up and about yet it’s unconscious, moving through the same routine and habits by rote without thought or consideration, it just happens.
My evening brain is philosophical, thoughtful and creative.  I can and often do think of a million things to do, to write, to consider yet the next day when morning brain has taken over those things seem to be somewhat lacking. 
I forget, it seems that each night as my evening brains slips back into morning brain it wipes the slate clean.  I’m left without a thought just a niggling little feeling of remembrance in the back of my mind.  Attempting to recall any of these thoughts results in frustration as my morning brain can’t keep up to the past activity of my evening brain.
It would also seem, going over past posts, that it is my evening brain that comes up with the most intelligent and thoughtful musings.  Those posts, the ones which were written either later in the day or evening always tend to be my favorites.
In some small ways the person that wakes up each morning is not quite the same one that goes to bed at the end of each day.
It’s an odd phenomenon and one which I’m sure many people could identify with.  We’re the people who are not morning people.  It isn’t a matter of tiredness or crankiness our morning brains simply do not work the same way as they do for the rest of the day. It’s like being in a fog and those with morning brain require light, sun and time for that fog to lift.  
For some people it lasts only a few minutes, some about an hour and for some even most of the a.m. part of the day.  I would say personally it takes about an hour for my morning brain to slip away and even then it’s more of a fade out.  There isn’t one moment in that hour or so that I can identify as morning brain vs. daytime/evening brain.  It simply slips away.