Big Job

It’s been a long week and I’m feeling the burn today.  I’m absolutely unequivocably spent.  Monday afternoon ten yards of dirt was delivered.  Since then every evening has been spent slowly moving the mound to the countless low spots and places in need of fill and am I ever tired.
My backyard has never exactly been well graded in fact when we first purchased this house the yard was in some serious need of attention.  A large portion was in fact dirt, full of chunks of mud and clay. At the time our focus was on getting the interior of the house redone, bathrooms, kitchen, and what not and so we simply threw some grass seed at the problem.
I eventually added my garden and we have made small improvements as time went on.  The grading and smoothing out of the lawn itself though has been something we’ve avoided.  Last summer with such constant high heat and lack of rain the soil pulled away from the foundation of the house and left a big gap in which water pooled and so there was no more putting it off.
If we were going to get a couple of yards delivered to fix the problem around the foundation we may as well get enough to level the whole yard. It’s coming along quite well although I seriously underestimated the effort required to full fill this task. 
We are not only grading the yard but also moving around some of the major structures or areas of the yard such as the fire pit.  I’m also slightly adjusting the gardens configuration, adding trees and plants and removing a very old and very thick concrete sidewalk. 
All together it’s a rather big job which at this point I’m just hoping I get done sometime this year with my back function still in place.   Also it would be really nice to be able to get the car out of the garage.