Short Day Projects

It seems my to-do list each day is beginning to greatly exceed the actual time available and with the outdoor soccer season ramping up it’s only going to get worse in the next few weeks.  Not only are both girls playing but I’m also coaching so it’s going to take up a fair amount of time. 
Now contrary to intuition which says take it easy leading into the busy weeks I do the exact opposite.  I try to think of every last thing that may potentially need doing and start fun little projects to get done now while there’s still time.  Err well a little bit more time anyways.
I’ve been keeping very busy with landscaping and getting set up for a great outdoor season and have made a few little projects.  My favorite type of creative fun project; furniture making.  I’ve made two pieces in the past month a bedside table for my oldest and a coffee table for the garage.  Yes I said a coffee table for the garage. 
I enjoy carpentry and although my skills are not the best it’s these types of little projects that will improve them.  So when the opportunity arises that I can make something I do.  They’re always small projects that aren’t going to be a big deal if they don’t work out.  That way I get to have fun creating something and if it doesn’t work out I don’t feel too bad scrapping them.  I thought I would share those latest projects.
First project I worked on was a bedside table for my daughter. I made one as the space available for a nightstand was not a standard size and I was having a difficult time finding one to purchase.  After spending some time searching for one to purchase I decided it was just easier to make one. I’m not completely happy with it as it was made from scrap wood but my daughter is and I must admit it does suit her room fairly well.
Second project of the month has been a coffee table.  My husband has a “man-cave” set up in the garage and over the winter he began to use our lawn furniture coffee table which I now want back. So onto another project, after all it is still the garage and what goes in it does not have to be perfect. Turned out well and now I have the lawn furniture back where it belongs, outside.
  

So there are my latest, and I can happily say I finally, finally figured out how to mitre corners properly.