The sun shines every day.

Today was a fairly typical day in my new role as part-time graduate student, part-time stay at home dad and part-time job seeker. It went something like this:

This morning - bring the girls downstairs, catherize Anna. Give Anna her meds. Get the girls breakfast while Sarah gets ready for work. Grammy (Sarah's mom) drives Sarah to the train station and picks me up a coffee from Dunkin' (thank you Sheila!). The remainder of the morning Grammy watched the girls while I did some homework and job search stuff.

Afternoon - fed the girls lunch while Grammy got ready to hit the road. Lunch is generally at least an hour start to finish between set-up and clean-up so it was about 1:30 when I had to think about what to do with the afternoon. It was turning into a nice day so I wanted to do something outdoors with the girls. The problem was that they had gone to the playground in the morning with Grammy so they were not eager to play in the yard right away. "Want to help me wash the car, guys?" They were on their feet in seconds and ready to go! So...we washed the van and Grammy's car and ended up spending a couple of hours outside on a great spring day. Between blowing bubbles, washing the cars, and riding bikes, the girls and I had a lot of fun.

The next 2-3 hours was dinner prep and clean-up, pick-up mommy at the train, and then bedtime madness.

Full, exhausting day for sure. But gratifying and joyful.

This clip is from Monday when the barometer reached the mid-80's. Allie is singning some song she made-up...something like "my new purple shoes"....