A short rambling on kids

Alright I seem to have run out of time today but because I made a commitment to myself to write something everyday I’m going to write just a quick blurb.  After all what would that teach my kids if I didn’t stick to my commitments?
Speaking of kids, I was talking to a friend this morning that has an almost 4 yr old and a 9 month old.  She expressed how much she was looking forward to the days when her kids will be older and independent, so she could have more time. I may have scared her because I burst out laughing. 

My girls are now 11 and 6 years old and their needs may no longer come in the middle of the night as often but I certainly spend as much time parenting now as I did then.   The challenges and rewards have changed but life hasn’t slowed down in the least. Thanks to their many activities combined with homework, playdates, housework, and errands I seem to have very few moments for me during my day. I'm up at 7 and don't stop doing one thing after another until heading to bed sometime around midnight.
I think also your perspective on parenting changes as you enter each stage. The worst stage is always the one you are experiencing at that moment.  I remember being up in the middle of the night crying right along with my girls a few times when they were infants wishing they would start sleeping through the night.  Eventually I came to miss those predawn feedings when it was just the two of us.  I remember wishing they could tell me what was wrong. Then just as quickly wishing they would just STOP talking. I remember being excited for them to go to school only to realize how much I missed them when they were gone.  As I teach my youngest to be a good reader I look at my oldest and think how I miss the days when she enjoyed me reading to her. 
I look forward to each stage of my girls lives and I know I will miss each one when it is done. 

Well I really don't have any time left so until tomorrow