I think I live in hell and it's frozen over


Can you tell I'm a little cranky about the weather? It's been an extremly cold January and February and I've developed a severe case of cabin fever, as well as a pretty nasty case of the sniffles.
It is currently -31 with wind-chill it feels like -41, are you freaking kidding me! On Monday it was forecast that it was going to be a great weekend with normal temperatures.  Normal for end of February is -10 or a bit warmer.  Now they say this lovely freeze your ass off in ten seconds weather is what we are actually going to get.  All the weather forecasters in Winnipeg have no idea what they are talking about.  Each and every day the forecast has consistently been that the next few days will be cold then it will warm up. Then the next day the warming “trend” is pushed back a day and the next day and the next day until finally it’s admitted that the whole week is going to be cold and windy.  Next week will warm up though.
 I think they simply want to give hope to the frostbitten masses that are sick and tired of the high wind-chill and numbing temperature.  As if Winnipeggers are going to jump off the Esplanade Riel in a mass suicide if the promise of warmer weather is not in our very near future.  Honestly I promise not to jump of the bridge if I’m told there are a few more weeks of winter.  Its ok I grew up here and I know our winters suck.
I hate this kind of cold. Normal cold I can handle I can still do stuff in normal cold, in fact there are a lot of winter sports and hobbies I enjoy.  This weather precludes all outdoor activities and we are consigned to indoor boredom and crappy tv.  I swear sometimes that there was just as much watchable tv when I was a kid with only 4 channels. Well really 3 because two were CBC, one French one English. There is only so much I can do indoors before I go completly stir crazy and I reached that point sometime ago.
The days when we can head outside without spending 15 minutes getting dressed to come in after 5 will end soon enough. Soon the snow we be melting the birds will start coming back and then we can all focus on the impending spring flood instead.