Getting fired up

Reading the news this morning I came across a story about a fire which may have been intentionally set in a warming hut made of hay for ice skating at The Forks.  Now I’m not trying to jump to conclusions but what the frick? Seriously now, why? It’s these types of stories that really get my blood boiling. How does someone even think something like that is a good idea? It’s disappointing to feel such shame in humankind and realize people are capable of destroying others hard work like that.
I suppose it is possible the fire was unintentional perhaps a careless smoker not realizing hay is just a little bit flammable.  That really doesn’t sound much better but it would be easier to believe someone may just be an idiot versus someone intentionally being that disrespectful of others.
I’m disappointed we hadn’t gone to see the huts earlier; we were going to check them out this weekend. I realized that they were open just as Winnipeg hit its yearly cold snap so we put off going. This hut was part of an international art and architecture competition with over 130 entries.  It was one of five winning contributions from a team in New York named hay(v)en hut.   I’m sure it was interesting and I wish I’d seen it.