A Little Funk


So I’m in a bit of a funk today thanks to my cold and a hornet sting with some nasty results and I hate being in a funk. I was stung by a hornet twice on my foot Monday (I stepped on it) and after running errands all evening my knee went out and my heel cracked badly from walking funny so now I’m unable to bear any weight on that leg at all today. The place where I was stung thankfully has stopped hurting.
I feel like I should be in a good mood though as I had a wonderful date night last night with my husband.  We went to dinner and a movie and what made it even better is that it was a free date night. Thanks to gift certificates all we paid for was the tip at the restaurant. Also for the first time we didn’t even have to arrange for a babysitter as E is now old enough to babysit. 
After dinner we went to see Rise of Planet of The Apes and I think it was done fairly well and went with the original story nicely. Or so I thought, it’s been years since I saw the original so I could be way off base.  We admittedly got terrible seats at the theatre, 2nd row from the front, resulting in some rather cricked necks but we both just made the best of the seating and tried to enjoy it anyways.
The only thing that actually bothered me about the lack of seating other than the 90 degree angle of the screen was the large number of groups which had left a single empty seat between themselves and the next group or couple. This left a number of good seats but none together, when a theatre is that busy the idea of a courtesy seat is not so much a courtesy and much more of a hindrance.
It was still fun though and it was novel to watch a whole movie without having to take A to the washroom mid-way through or say shush every few minutes.  It’s amazing how much easier it is to follow a movie when you can actually pay attention to what is on screen.