Stuffed and Aching

If someone could just show up and do my work today that would be great, and my blog post while they’re at it.  I’m not sure if the weekend has caught up to me or if this stiffness and achiness which has developed the past few days has turned into a full blown cold. I’m going to guess a little bit of both.
It was a rather busy weekend including a pretty fair sized party my husband and I had on Saturday. Doing it as often as we have it’s actually become much easier, certainly more so than the first time I tried to host 20+ people in our home. I now seem to have it down to an art even if it is still rather tiring.
I was exhausted long before the party even began as my morning had kicked off with over an hour paddling in the Red River practicing for the up-coming dragon boat festival. I tried my best to ignore the pounding headache and half seized muscles that developed shortly after practice ended with the aid of several advil but by the time the last of our guests had left at 1:30 in the morning I was quite ready to see them off.
Both Friday evening and Sunday were nice full days as well and it has somewhat left me feeling like I’ve had my ass kicked today. Refusing to slow down when I get sick does tend to leave me in a state of utter exhaustion and completely wiped out when it hits full force but I enjoyed every last minute of fun along the way.
Well at least the insomnia that’s been plaguing my sleep the past week was absent when I finally collapsed into bed Saturday night, or should I say Sunday morning. See I knew there was a silver lining to getting so tired.