School stuff

I was planning on getting a start on school supplies this weekend so I hope I can get most of it done this weekend.
I always forget how much actually needs to get done before the new school year never mind how much it all costs. Even though it is still a little over 3 weeks before the start of school I should really get started on everything.  I always like to make sure we are ready ahead of time.
I also need to get them slowly working towards normal bedtime and wake up times again, summer holidays result in bedtime becoming rather obsolete.  Routines get broken and it really can be a struggle to get back into those routines too quickly.
I also have the mile long lists of school supplies to get. This year it is getting pretty lengthy for E.  I’m not looking forward to buying her a $50 dollar scientific calculator when she has yet to hang onto even a basic calculator for a full year.
Usually pretty much everything with the exception of dictionaries and verb books aren’t in good enough condition to make it through another school year.  Being in French-Immersion they tend to need a few more books than their English only counterparts so being able to keep them in good condition for multiple years is important.   Still trying to decide whether purchasing her band instrument or renting would be a better option
I also have to figure out transportation for E as junior high students no longer qualify for busing from the school division.  It really isn’t too long a walk in good weather but during the winter months it may be. 
Oh well lots to think about and a busy weekend ahead.  Should be beautiful weather so here is hoping it won’t all be spent on school shopping.