Thoughts Elsewhere Today

I wasn’t able to sleep last night and so I started doing some writing.  I meant to write for a short time to just get a few things floating around in my head on paper and before I knew it I’d run my pen dry and it was two in the morning. 
I also realize this morning that my not so neat writing at what must have been around one began to deteriorate.  This morning the combination of cursive and printing often in the same word is making some of what I wrote almost incomprehensible.  I can figure it out with some effort but I’d be hard pressed to find anyone else who could do the same.
Regardless of what my writing looks like it didn’t help me sleep either. Even after I decided that I really needed to try and sleep again and put down my pen it was at least another hour until I drifted off.  I miss my husband and I wish I was with him.  It’s never really bothered me when he goes away on business as he occasionally must do.  Yes I miss him then as well but I sleep fine.  I’m ok because I know that he’s ok.
It’s not going to be an easy day for him today, and I wish I was there.  Not only to be there for him but because saying goodbye to our friend today, from hundreds of kilometers away, doesn’t feel right.  It’s too late now to change that I’m here and not there so I’ll just try to make the best of it.
That’s all I’ve got for today.