Time-Lapse Troubles

I began working on a time-lapse project this week and I’m finding it a little more difficult than expected. As I’ve mentioned before I love the area in which we live and one of the leading reasons for that is the forest across the road.   
Watching as it has slowly become greener and greener these past couple of weeks gave me the idea that I would love to see this change in a few moments and decided I’m going to do a picture a day for a year and then put it all together into one short video.
Well easier said than done.  The problem I’m having is that I would like to do this picture from somewhere along the walking path I use each morning.  I choose this area because it is my favorite place and somewhere in the forest that I am guaranteed to visit every day at about the same time even in winter.  The dog is always going to need his morning walk.
The problem with this is that I had hoped to find a branch that I could set the camera on and somehow mark so that I would get the same angle and location each day. Well I’ve yet to find a suitable branch.  The forest is made up of mostly ash trees which are very straight, very tall trees with very few low hanging branches.
I’ve never realized just how similar each little section is, although I can identify about where I last took a picture “about where” is not very helpful.  All the trees look exactly the same. What this means is although I’ve taken a picture each day I haven’t gotten the exact same spot twice.
Even when I pick the right tree first shot I can’t get the angle right. Despite my best efforts each one is a little bit further off than the previous one and so Monday’s picture is nowhere near the same angle and spot as Fridays.    
Now even if I could get the angle right after fiddling around for awhile eventually the seasons will change and I’m not going to be too willing to stand around outside for ten minutes with my camera trying to get te right shot.  Say sometime next January.
I know there has to be a reasonable solution and so that’s my goal for today.  Anyone got an idea?