Trying Something New

I always enjoy trying out new things, both physical and otherwise.  Sometimes they turn out to be something I love to do, others I hate and then there are those that I'm not quite sure about.

This is my first attempt at rock wall climbing taken yesterday evening and as of today it's falling into the unsure category. While I really did have lots of fun I'm not so certain the pain is worth it. I have several dozen little bruises, abrasions, rope burns, and aches.  Not to mention the blisters.

The little scrapes and bruises aren't so bad I'm always scraping or bruising myself and the aches are actaully rather minor but the blisters are driving me nuts.  I can neither, or at least without pain, extend my fingers fully or make a fist today. This is making typing amongst everything else a little bit more difficult. 

It was quite the workout and a fun and interesting challenge so if it weren't for the stiffness in my hands it would firmly fall into the love to do category. I will try a few more times at least as I can't help think the problem may have simply been to much to fast. I'm hoping next time I'll remember the techniques I was taught to keep weight of my hands and I won't push myself quite so hard or for so long. 

Was worth the new experience regardless of if I end up loving it or not.