Automatic Doors

I was out shopping last night with one of my girls and as we left the automatic door decided I don’t exist and wouldn’t open for me. I thankfully managed to stop short before ramming my nose into the glass but it was a close call. I had to wait for my daughter to catch up and sure enough they opened for her.
This is not the first time it has happened to me and I have walked into a number of automatic doors.  I practically have to do jumping jacks to get the darn things to “see” me. 
How is it possible to walk up to a door wrong? Really I would love to know what I’m doing wrong here.  The ongoing joke/explanation around our house is that the problem is I have no soul.
I have troubles with automatic anything, I can set off most automatic things but never when I mean to or to have them work correctly. Public bathrooms with their automatic everything have made using them a real challenge. 
It is a guaranteed that at least one thing will not work right for me. I’ve even started carrying hand sanitizer simply because I would rather use it then attempt to wash my hands in one of these washrooms.
I’m somewhat convinced that electronics simply don’t like me.  Many years ago my husband had a Newton (think first palm pilots) which had the feature of translating writing on the screen to text.
 My husband to show me how this worked wrote my name.  We both ended up trying several times but every time one of us would write or even print my name it would produce the word evil rather than Erin.
The difficulty I’ve had with electronics since then makes me think perhaps that Newton was trying to tell me something.  I have tried to convince myself it simply wasn’t able to recognize a proper name as I see that happen quite regularly with my phone while texting but still Erin to evil?  I mean honestly, that is not even close.  
I really hope I'm not the only one who is ignored by these things, if I am I may have to start giving the idea of being evil or soulless some credence.