Made It

Today’s the day the teddy bear’s have their picnic……
Ok not really yesterday was the day of the children's hospital annual teddy bear picnic and surprise, surprise we actually went.  I believe this is only the 2nd possibly 3rd time we have gone even though every year since E was about 2 years old we have been saying we should go.
We’re talking about ten years of excuses here.
Somehow it always ends up forgotten about or not remembered until the very last minute and by then other plans have been made. The teddy bear picnic has also had the unfortunate likelihood of terrible weather and I tend to avoid pneumonia inducing situations.
Every single time it happens, I’m sure you can guess, what we always say is “there’s always next year” which will turn into next year and next year and next year.
Like the annual gathering of garter snakes at the Narcisse snake dens we missed in the past few weeks.  Now that one is a little hard to excuse as there are several weeks in which we could go and we really did have every intention of going this year.
I know doesn’t sound like that much fun but I take great pleasure grossing out my girls picking up things like frogs and bugs so imagine what picking up a snake might do.
Next year this time for sure.
I’m a rather flexible planner when it comes to what we do on weekends. The only criteria is we do it together as a family and make the most out of our free time so really it’s not that big a deal, we always end up having fun. 
I know if I was really set on attending an annual event we would make it so it’s not really a big deal. We always remember the important ones. My social calendar or more accurately the kid’s social calendar is too busy to worry about what they may or may not be missing.