Return of Winterpeg

Someone forgot to tell mother nature that April fools falls on the first of April not the first of May. After such a gorgeous week of sun and warmth this was not funny in the least.



After pouring all day on Saturday over night the rain became snow and we woke up to this Sunday morning. There was actually enough snow for little drifts to develop here and there. I'm sure it will be mostly gone by the end of today as the temperatures have started going back up with highs in the low teens but really I could have done without it.

It was rather depressing to look outside and see a new layer of snow coating the grass which had just begun to turn green.  After enjoying the gazebo and deck for the past week waiting for my frozen and ice covered lawn furniture to defrost sucks a little bit.

Well at least it doesn't appear to have affected flood levels the last thing Manitobans need right now is more flood issues. It hasn't been as bad a year as predicted but flooding is certainly a more widespread problem this year with not only the Red but the Assiniboinne River causing issues this time around.  

I wonder what the effect the flooding will have on voter turnout today, it's the worst possible time for an election here.  I will be making my way down to the polling station later on but I'm sure it will be difficult for the people busy defending their homes or those who are currently evacuated.  I imagine not knowing where to vote would make things a little difficult.

As I've said before in my post A Political Note I don't hold out much hope for this election to really change anything nor do I feel encouraged by the current political parties of our country but I will do my part today and hope all others who are able to do the same as well.