Long Weekend

Ahh nothing like a weekend of carpentry in the rain to make one bright and energized Monday morning.
Or not.
My blisters have blisters, my back is out of joint and I have lost a good layer of skin from my hands. 
My husband and I spent the vast majority of the weekend working on a new shed in the back yard.  Other than a few breaks when either hunger overtook or the drizzle became a downpour we were working.
I must admit we did however make a lot of progress and what started as a pile of lumber Saturday morning is now clearly a shed.  Not much more than trim and half the shingles left to go, oh and paint.
I was really hoping we could get at least the construction part completed this weekend however I neglected to realize just how much work building an 8x12 shed would be.
I was hoping we could get it done as the next few weeks are booked solid with one thing after another.  I’m really not sure where I will find the time to finish it or at the very least get the rest of the shingles off my lawn and onto its roof.  
I think the biggest surprise however is that during two days of carpentry I have managed not to injure myself.  Sure I’m sore and achy but surprise surprise I managed not to draw blood even once.
The only thing that is really bothering me is the raw feeling of my hands.  Dragging around asphalt shingles has left them very sensitive and irritated.  It feels as though my hands have been sanded.  
I suppose I have finally learnt to be more careful and now tend to make a conscience effort not to end up in the ER.  I have not however learnt the importance of work gloves.