A Gymnastics Show To Melt My Heart.

If you follow Sarah's blog (who doesn't, right?), you know our girls had their first "show" last weekend at a local gymnastics academy. Sarah did a great job as usual giving the low-down on that day - check out her post(s) here.

I will have to say that watching the girls perform in the show may have been one of the most emotional times for me since their birth. I have watched this video several times since the show and every time I put the video in motion, my eyes water.

They are all wearing pink leotards so...to spot Allie, look for a side ponytail. Emily has ponytails. And Anna, like Allie, had a side pony. Allie is lined up in the 1st row - far side, Emily is 2nd row - middle, and Anna is in the back row doing her thing!

One reason I get so emotional seeing the girls develop before my eyes is Anna's innocence. Anna gave 100% in the show, just like she does with everything else. Anna's HUGE heart is what makes me proud the most, though. Having a kind heart like Anna's (and Allie's and Emily's) is what is important to me, not so much how they "perform".



My sister, her husband and daughter attended the show also. Having other family members there (Grammy & Papa too) meant a lot to us as a family. You have to understand that my niece "J" had practiced gymnastics in the very same gym. "J" passed away due to complications from cystic fibrosis several years ago. She was only 13. This was the first time my sister and her family had visited the gym since their daughter had passed away. My sister told me they were all crying when they arrived at the gym and she also said they "saw J out there" during the show.

I am a man who believes life is about the moments. This day was a moment with strong emotions attached.