Disconnected



I’m off today, I feel foggy as if I’m not all there, my consciousness floating off in space. 
It’s an odd sensation I’m in neither a good or bad mood but I feel as if I’m simply going through the motions, disjointed and disconnected from my day. It’s as if a part of me didn’t bother to get out of bed with me this morning.
I suppose I’m simply tired we had a very busy weekend with very little sleep and although completely done in when I went to bed last night I had a very hard time falling asleep. 
It worries me, usually one night like last night results in a battle with insomnia that lasts anywhere from just a couple of days to over a week of sleeplessness.
It’s nothing new I’ve had issues since I was a teen with bouts of insomnia, I will go through periods where I haven’t had issues for months at a time then suddenly it’s every other week. I’ve never quite pinpointed what sets it off.
I’ve tried many things to combat it, illogically the more I fight against it the worse it gets.  If I accept it will happen and that I can’t force myself to sleep it resolves faster.
It’s that very thing though, the attempt to just accept the lack of sleep that is making me feel so disjointed today.  I’m trying not to care that I slept poorly and somehow its making me simply not care about anything.
Perhaps that in itself is the problem, I’m not actually accepting the insomnia right now in actuality I’m just blatantly ignoring it.  I’m going to attempt to get in a bit of “me time” before heading to bed tonight.  I think perhaps a solo skate around the forest.  It can’t hurt anyways.