Grocery Mishaps

What a comedy of errors last night grocery shopping was, Murphy’s Law was in full effect.  It wasn’t any big things just a lot of little mess ups that converged into one giant cluster of idiocy.
Started out with the carts, first thing I did was drop my cart coin in a puddle, then it took 3 different rows of carts to find one that would actually work and sure enough it had a wonky wheel.  How fun left turns only.
Checking out the clothing section for jeans for E I found the older age set has the choice of flowery patterned jeans or ones with tears. I don’t care what the fashion is if I wanted her to wear pants with holes I’d just let her keep her current jeans, as for the flowers those ones would end up in the bottom of a drawer avoided at all costs.
I then headed to produce where a lot of items were out of stock or had to be picked through. No baby carrots, sacrilege now I have to cut carrot sticks. I also managed to knock over a half dozen apples, why do they need to stack them so high.  Pick up one apple from the top, the side collapses and it’s an avalanche of easily bruised fruit.
 I also knocked over an olive oil while going through the aisles which of course cracked. I looked both ways saw no witnesses and got the heck out of there.  I did tell a clerk that “someone” had spilt oil however.  Oops.
Seeing as I could only take left turns and rather than consulting my shopping list before leaving each section and waiting till the end I did a lot of backtracking, got to love going back for just one more item. Five minutes after getting home I remembered a couple of things that should have been on the list as well but that is pretty much standard fare, I always forget something.
After standing in checkout for a good twenty minutes, loading the car which I’d also managed to park right above a nice big puddle and returning my cart I discovered my keys were nowhere to be found.  I’d had them to unlock the car so that means……yep sure enough buried under the groceries.  It was a big shop last night so digging to the bottom in search of my keys without knocking anything into said puddle was a nice challenge.
I just wasn’t paying attention to anything I was doing last night and I readily admit complicity in the events that occurred while shopping.  Once I found my keys and got into the car I had to shake my head at my own idiocy and have a bit of a laugh.  I attribute last night’s shopping experiences to a series of unfortunate blonde moments.