Meow


What is with the cat, she will not leave me alone for anything today.  Everything I do today I’m being tripped up or annoyed. I swear she is trying to kill me. 

Only on a day that I have a loadful of laundry in my arms does she decide the first step to the basement is the perfect spot to sleep in.  Of course I get an evil look when she trips me up and I disturb her sleep. Never mind the fact that the laundry I was carrying in a nice neat basket is now spread out from the top of the stairs to the foot from being tossed away in an attempt to keep myself right side up.

Now trying to sit for a few minutes and write my blog I’m finding it quite useful that I’m a decent typist and can type without looking at my fingers. The cat is desperately trying to get my attention by being between me and the keyboard.  Thank goodness for spell check although thanks to all the kitty additions even it may get stumped a few times.  Lots of added bottom row letters, never mind all the extra spacing.  Little paw prints if you will.
Scooter

Lucy is E's cat and she is exactly what I wanted in a cat for E so I can’t really complain too much. I wanted her to have a cat like the one I had when I was growing up, she was a great cat with an attitude you would more often associate with a dog. Loving and loyal, I was the most important thing in her world much as E is now to lucy. The picture to the right is one of the last ones of her taken shortly before her death at 22 years old. My hope is that lucy will have as long a life as scooter did. 


E picked out Lucy from a farm litter as a 9th birthday present.  She was the runt of the litter and was the teeniest little thing you could imagine at only 6 weeks old. She was so small we worried about her getting stuck in some small space and wanted to make certain the dog who was very excited to have a play mate didn't accidentally smush her.  So the first few weeks she was sequestered away in E’s room or carried around in her arms which is very similar to when I got scooter and may be why they are/were both such good pets. 

However I still hope she finds something else to do soon or goes take a nap, so I can get some work done. oh and preferably anywhere other than on the stairs.
Lucy 7 weeks old