Mental Hiatus.

Ok what the hell my mind has decided to take a hiatus on me. I have the attention span of a gnat.  My mind keeps skipping around from one thing to another. 
It may be a response to the absolutely gorgeous day outside and my desire to be anywhere but at my computer even for the time it takes to write a short blog.  It is warm and sunny with a nice breeze carrying the scents of spring.
It’s a perfect day to go and fly a kite and today may be the only chance this weekend.  It’s predicted to be a cold and wet one, we may even be facing a bit of snow on Sunday.  It’s May 1st on Sunday, snow and May do not belong in the same sentence.
I may very well have a minor breakdown if we do see snow on Sunday I’ve had quite enough of it this year thank you very much.  I must admit I did not however expect this beautiful weather to make it through to the weekend after all the first soccer game of the season is this Saturday.
Soccer season always seems to kick off with a wet and cold day it seems to be a bit of a tradition.  It doesn’t matter how early or late spring came or how nice it’s been leading up to that first game we have to be prepared to freeze our asses off and get a little wet.
It’s always quite an interesting look when the girls are forced to wear sweaters and tights under their jerseys and shorts.   I have to admit the very slippery wet and muddy grass we always seem to have for game one really helps them break in their new uniforms fast. 
I may well be getting the cart ahead of the horse here seeing as our local meteorologists seem to have a hard time telling current temperatures never mind future weather but we will see. Either way I think I'm going to get out the golf umbrella.