My Girly girl.

A for the past week now has everyday worn a skirt. She has to have a perfectly matching top and cannot walk out the door without first accessorizing. She is dramatic, she loves to be a princess and she must always be pretty. She is the perfect epitome of a girly girl.
I don’t get it, I am most definetly not a girly girl, so her love of all things pretty and pink is hard for me to understand.  Why being unable to find just the right hair band to perfect an outfit is so very vital to her that our morning routine is interrupted by tears and drama to the point that she nearly misses the bus I will never know.
I was always up in a tree at her age or grubbing around in the dirt and that’s the way I liked it. I don’t know if my mother would have liked to have had a girly girl or if it’s just what she expected but I had white furniture, flowery bedding and ballerina wallpaper.
It was a girly girls room and I hated that wallpaper and the bedding.  It isn’t that I was or am without femininity it was simply to froo froo for me.
I never expected that years later I would have a girly girl of my own.  She would have loved that room, her room by her own choices is just as froo froo as mine once was.  She has a canopy bed, pink bedding, and purple walls covered in butterflies and princesses.  Her room quite literally sparkles.
I don’t in anyway want to discourage her from being who she is but I would like to be able to connect with her a little more I’m just unsure how.  It’s frustrating when something comes up that seems so important to her and I can’t understand why.
There are plenty of things that we both mutually love but it takes a bit more effort for me to see the world through her eyes.  I suppose the best I can do is to simply let her be her own person and try not to discourage her from being who she is.
I kinda like having a girly girl anyways, although I could do without the drama.