Yoga

Now I am neither a vegan or vegetarion nor do I live in a commune, I am however a fan of yoga.  I know the days of yoga only being a hippie thing are long gone but just thought I would be clear on that.
I started getting interested in yoga awhile back when a therapist suggested I give it a try.  I have had issues with stiffness in my shoulders and neck for some time and it had reached the point that it was interfering with my activities and even my driving.
I honestly didn’t give the suggestion much credit at the time. I didn’t really believe it would make a difference and I had a rather negative impression of yoga as just some new-agey crap.  I only have a limited amount of time to excersice during the day and I didn’t want to waste my time.
Eventually my neck pain reached a point that I could barely finish my regular routine and I figured it wouldn’t hurt to give it a shot. I downloaded an app and tried out a beginners 30 minute session.  The rest of the day I was marveling how I could actually look over my shoulder, I suddenly had a much wider range of motion. So I decided to add it in to my weekly routine for a while and see if it worked.
That was about 2 years ago and I can no longer imagine not practicing yoga now. I’ve come to realize just how physically demanding it is and recognize the benefits I get from it. I have a much wider range of motion, I have significantly less back and neck pain, my balance has improved, my stress levels are lower and I just feel better. When I get sick or am unable to practice for a few days I feel it I don’t sleep as well and I’m cranky.
Oh well enough of that, I’m going to sign off now with the first flower of spring in my yard, a Manitoba crocus of course.