Long nights

Oh why oh why do kids always get their sickest in the middle of the night?
Never noon always midnight and 1 am and 2 am etcetera.  The first call for Mommy always comes just as I reach that magical point when I’m just drifting away.  Then the back and forth begins. 
It’s tiring and exhausting but it is something any mother knows you just simply do.  The hardest part isn’t being up at 3 am it’s seeing them sick.   
Whenever A has the slightest bit of fever she tends to have bad dreams so it’s not only the myriad tasks of water and cool cloths and medication it’s also soothing her fears and making her feel safe enough to sleep. 
Sometimes like last night that involves climbing into bed with her.  Thankfully we are beyond the stage of a toddler bed and I now somewhat fit but she’s a blanket hog and the sheer volume of stuffies and soft toys means that space isn’t exactly comfortable.  It’s also a guarantee that I will eventually fall out of her bed.     
Thankfully when I did fall out of her bed at half past 3 it was the last call of the night and both of us were able to get a few hours of restful sleep before morning came around.
This morning despite my attempts to get E lunch and my morning tasks done quietly she woke up and began her desperate attempts to convince me she is well enough to go to school.  I know it seems a little backwards that I need to convince her she should stay home but she truly loves school.  She looks forward to Monday the way most people look forward to Friday.
She does seem to be feeling quite a bit better this morning but definetly not back to herself and not ready for a school day.  At least with the long weekend now upon us she will have some time to recover without worrying about missing more school. 
I’ve got my fingers crossed that no one else gets sick before Easter and we have a pleasant weekend. We may even hit double digit numbers this weekend, and I do mean on the plus side hopefully will be nice.