Back to School

I seem to be in a bit of shock that my oldest is now officially attending a school with high in the name ok it is just junior high but still, yikes!  When did that happen, when did she become this beautiful and outgoing person no longer just a child.
She is of course still a child in many ways, still a pre-teen but clearly on the cusp of the next great stage and I can see it very clearly now.  I’m proud as can be however because I honestly like the person my child is becoming.
She is so like me in looks and also in mannerism even many of her strengths and weaknesses are the same as mine but for all our similarities she is quite different, unique.  It isn’t the things that are the same between the two of us that make me marvel at the person she is becoming but the differences.  I see my best qualities and remarkably few of my worst reflected in her.  
I suppose different life experience (even at this early stage) have vastly changed our perceptions of the world around us and she is ten times more confident and outgoing then I was at the same age, I hope it continues.
With new school supplies nearly toppling her over this morning I think I was just as excited for her to embark on the new school year and to see her continue to move forward in life.  Of course I’m also happy to see A doing the same. She was so happy for the start of school she literally couldn’t wait this morning and was sitting on the front steps about 20 minutes before her bus arrived.
E won’t readily admit that deep down she does enjoy school and was really just as excited as her sister but I know she was.  Of course the most important part of all is seeing their friends again; the occasional visit over the summer just isn’t the same as that everyday interaction.
I hope they both have a fun and exciting school year.