My Kinda Thing

This is a display of old Canadian license plates I put up in the garage last night and it’s just the kind of thing I get a kick out of.  I never thought I would be able to get excited about a bunch of old license plates yet I am.
We have all the provinces and territories with the exception of Nunavut. After doing a quick search to buy one it looks like I won’t be finding one anytime soon as they just aren’t readily available to the collectors market yet.  
I had thought we were also missing PEI but after flipping through the stack of plates a friend had given us it suddenly appeared. Oddly when I thought we were missing the PEI plate I felt I couldn’t put them up without it, not having Nunavut doesn’t bother me as much.
I think it may simply be that I’m still not used to seeing Nunavut on a map. After all I’ve seen plenty of maps without it but certainly not without PEI. When I picture a map of Canada in my head I have to consciously add it in. It just isn’t automatic as are the other territories and provinces.
I was absolutely shocked to realize that Nunavut is over 10 years old.  It still seems like such a new development to me, it’s one of those things which happened “just the other day”. That just the other day feeling seems to be becoming more and more common lately.