Writing Challenge Day

Write about your favorite recipe without writing about what is in it:
I found my favourite recipe or at least my current favourite recipe on a weekend which found me and my husband hosting two small dinner parties. As I was making up menu plans I realized just how tired I was of the same old standbys for larger groups and decided to try a few new things.
I stuck to familiar territory for one night and just added a little twist.  The second night I decided to take a bigger risk not only was I going to try an entirely new recipe for our main course  but a recipe for something which I had not had luck with in the past.
I had never had good luck with cream sauces I had always come close but the texture would be off, the flavor not quite right, something you couldn’t quite put your finger on that just didn’t work. I’d never made a sauce which was absolutely terrible or inedible but never one that encouraged second helpings or even a second chance.
I was set to try though, I had a recipe for Cajun Chicken Alfredo that looked as if it had potential, I had the ingredients and my fingers crossed. I knew that even though we may not have gotten past appetizers without disaster striking the guests we had were the kind that wouldn’t be put out if everything went to hell and I was forced to concede defeat and order pizza.
It was a recipe for 2 and I knew that meant the recipe would very quickly turn into more of a guideline but I was ok with that. I rarely if ever follow a recipe word for word in fact cooking with a recipe at all is fairly uncommon for me. I’ve never been afraid of cooking this way most of my best dishes barely resemble the original recipe they started out from.  
I only realized just now as I’ve pulled out the original recipe just how far from the original I went even the first time around, today it only remotely resembles what I started with.  It worked though from that very first tentative taste I knew I had a winner and that there would be no pizza that night.
It honestly tasted as though it came from a good restaurant and was definitely enjoyed by all that night and any other night I've made it. It is now one of my favorite dishes, in fact a favorite of the whole family and requested quite often.